Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving - DeNami Thanksgiving card

Hi friends,

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I made this fun DeNami card yesterday (while the pies were baking in the oven) and I'll bring it to Bob's aunt Joanie (along with a thank you gift) since she's hosting our Thanksgiving meal this year.

I had fun combining the polka dot stamp with my polka dot washi tape.  I don't know about you, but I always forget about washi tape.  It's such a fun and easy thing to use on a card, but even though it's in a clear jar on my crafting desk, it's very rare that I think to use it!

So, Bob, Eric and I were going to participate in a Turkey Trot this year, but decided to not go.  Eric's flight was delayed on Tuesday night and he didn't get in till 2:00am.  Thankfully he arrived safe and sound, but quite tired.  The weather is bitter cold today (low 20's with a strong wind) and frankly we all just decided we'd rather sleep a little late and not be rushed heading out to his families.

What will I do instead?  Well, they are having a Zumba class at my gym at 9:00am.  I'll go to that, get all sweaty and tired.  Then head home to clean up and hit the road. I'll probably get a better work out in my hour long zumba class than running a 5k race.  Maybe we'll do it next year.  I really enjoyed doing the race last year, but it just did not seem to the right thing this year.

I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving.  Stop back on Monday for the start of my '12 blogs of Christmas' series.  I may have some other things to show you this weekend too!  Enjoy.

No comments: