Friday, November 15, 2013

Sending Prayers

Hi friends,

Today I have a card to share with you for a friend who is hurting.  A woman I've worked with for over 15 years is on leave because her husband is very ill with cancer. Hospice has been brought in and they are trying to keep him comfortable but it doesn't seem like he's got a lot more time.

I have been praying for her and her family and wanted to send a card to let her know I care, so I had seen a beautiful card by Lori Tecler and decided to use her sympathy card as my inspiration.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/267049452876222739/

Here is what I came up with.


I'll get this off in the mail tomorrow and hopefully it will encourage here.

While I was working on this card today I was also taking care of my invalid old dog Joey.  My dear doggie Joey is getting old.  He's 14 now and he gets around pretty good, but not the same as the old days.   Last night I was at a church meeting and didn't get home till 9:30pm.  When I arrived Bob had told me that Joey had eaten dinner and gone up to the second floor to bed and hadn't been around all evening.   After a bit, we heard him get up and start down the stairs.  Kaploohy.  He came rumble, tumble down the wooden steps and laid on the landing looking quite miserable.  It didn't seem like he banged himself up all that much on the way down, but he couldn't get up from the stair landing.  So I picked him up, carried him to the couch and tried to comfort him.  I carried him upstairs to bed when we went up and this morning was disappointed to see that he couldn't lift himself up from his bed.  So I carried him downstairs, carried him to the lawn and watched him very lightly put a slight amount of weight on his hind legs to do his #1 and #2.  I carried him in, laid him in front of his food and he lay on the floor with his head lifted and ate his dog food.

He went into the vet this morning and they prescribed bedrest for 2 weeks with pain medication and anti-inflamatory medication to ease the swelling and pain in his hind quarters.  They offered to do an X-ray if I wanted but didn't insist on it so I opted for the bedrest and pain pills to see how he responds.  the fact that he could stand and walk for short periods of time was a good sign.

So Joey is now the king of the house.  I put his bed in front of the fireplace, brought him some food and medicine throughout the day and gave him love and attention.  The medication makes him sleepy so he hasn't been too disappointed about spending the day in bed.  It was kind of eye opening that he's not as young as he was.  We are all hoping he makes a full recovery but we are not especially optimistic that he'll be climbing up the 3 flights of stairs and jumping on the bed again.

Here he is getting his pill with peanut butter on a lovely ceramic dish....
 And here he is in front of the warm fire, in his cozy bed relaxing and healing.
I'll keep you updated on his progress.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  I hope to hit the craft room this weekend and get going on some christmas cards.  Stop back by next week to see some of my creations.

No comments: