Saturday, January 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - Pink!

Hi friends,

Today's post is a card I made for my dear husband for Valentine's Day.  When I saw PTI's blog hop challenge - pink - I chose to go with 'On my couch' as my focal point and used Berry Sorbet as my pink.

I decided to die cut the chair in white felt and then hand cut a pillow in kraft felt.  I was debating putting a bakers twine bow on the pillow but at the last minute decided to go for a crystal instead.  I added some texture to the background (subtle but I notice it) and a very thin layer of kraft behind the polka Berry Sorbet square.


Below is the inspiration photo for the blog hop and the blog hop logo.  It's not too late - play along if you like!


Today it's still cold in New England but considering that all week it's been sub-20 degrees (Fahrenheit), the fact that today is in the 30's almost feels like a heat wave.  I dragged my dear husband to a new power yoga studio I've been trying out and he seemed to like it and do well.  Hopefully he'll come every now and again and that will help prevent the back pain that often accompanies a desk job.

This afternoon, my daughter is going out with me to look for mother of the bride dresses.  I just want to get an idea of styles & prices today and don't plan on buying, but I've heard if I order a dress it could take 8-12 weeks to come in so I'll want to get an idea of whether I'll buy at a dept store or specialty store by end of February.  June will be here before I know it.  Oh and since many of you may have been a mother of the bride (or groom) recently I would love to get your advise on dresses (where to get them, how to ensure you look good but stay comfortable!)  Below is a photo of one dress I tried on.  Everyone loves this (I love the color and style) but I'm concerned about whether I'll be comfy in an off the shoulder all evening long.   Note - I would not have my bra straps showing on the big day!!!  Comments?  Advise?  Oh and I'd love to know what you think of my card too!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day!

8 comments:

Kristii said...

Soooo cute!! Love the little burlap layer!! Burlap and pink are a match made in heaven!!

Helen F. said...

Such a sweet card, Linda ~ lovin all this pink :-)
That's a beautiful dress, good luck in your search~hope it is fun for you!
PS: Good for you,going to and getting your DH to try YOGA...I can't say enough about how it has helped me!

victoria h said...

pretty card and fabulous dress

Crafty Kate said...

Love the burlap behind the couch! The perfect touch! Best of luck on your dress hunt! Sounds like a blast to me! :)

berryblue said...

I love your soft chair! And the burlap is a great addition!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the felt chair! The dress looks great - I love the color.

Kelly Griglione said...

LOVE your choice of felt for the chair! The burlap behind it really sets it off too. And that evening gown looks great on you ... have fun trying them on : )

Lorraine Marasigan said...

That's one of my favorite stamp sets! Love all the texture in your card.