Sunday, January 26, 2014

What does the fox say?

Hi friends,

I have been loving the creations people make with Lawn Fawn stamps for quite a while, but only just this month got my first lawn fawn stamp set.  I knew right away I wanted to make something with the darling fox so I decided to make Jessa (my son Eric's girflfriend) a Valentine's Card.  And in case you are wondering if Eric will be getting a valentine card - he will.  I'll post his card later this week!  ( - :

It's hard to see but I added white flocking on the fox's tail and chin.  I didn't do a close up but you can zoom in if you want to inspect it more carefully!!


Isn't she just darling?  I love her.  I hope Jessa loves her too.  My family hates me though.  The entire time I was crafting this, I kept singing the song 'What does the fox say.'  If you've never heard it - good for you.  It's one of those awful songs that still gets stuck in your head.  It was all the rage on youtube in 2013. If you want to check it out (don't say I didn't warn you) the link is below.


So my husband cracks me up sometimes.  I'm making paella for dinner and while I had a brief span of 10 minutes where I had no action on the recipe, I headed to my laptop to write this blog.  My DH is sitting across the dining table from me on his laptop (looking at where all our money is going using his favorite app MINT) and he sends me the message below.

Silly Bob.

So, things here are really good.  I love having Sarah and Ivan living here with us.  They are very considerate and fun.  Sarah cooks 2-3 times a week and we've been eating really healthy.  She and Ivan love vegetarian and organic food so when it's her night to cook she makes some really creative, interesting dishes like sweet potatoes with red beans or stuffed peppers with apples and feta cheese.    I love having two nights a week (off) and it's fun to see them and share dinner with them every night.  Typically we eat together and then they head up to their newlywed suite on the third floor.  They read or work on the computer or watch TV.  Bob and I do our thing and it's the perfect amount of together time.  I also love leaving breakfast dishes in the sink and coming home and having everything washed up!

Well, thanks for visiting me today.  My paella is done and it's time to call the family down for dinner.

2 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Congrats on your first Lawn Fawn set!!! I LOVE their products too!! So cute! And this card is DARLING! Although now I have that song stuck in my head! HA!

Karen said...

Cute card! And I LOVE the dress - did you buy it?