Thursday, February 13, 2014

A cheerful flower card for another snowy day

Sigh.  It's snowing.  Again.  Here in Boston, we are getting pretty tired of the white stuff.  I'm eager for spring.

So to get spring on my mind, for today's PTI challenge I decided to ink up an old forgotten stamp set 'gracious vases.'

I don't know why I don't use this set more often.  It's classy and elegant and makes a beautiful, clean and simple card.  Maybe now that it's gotten some ink on it in 2014, I won't neglect it again.




So today's challenge was a 'roll the dice' game.  I headed to 9 designer's blogs and at each blog, rolled the dice to see which of 6 options I received.

When all was said and done, here is what I got:

Colors:  Canyon Clay, Orange Zest, Spring Moss and White.
Sketch - a vertical aligned simple sketch
Event - Birthday
Technique - Heat Embossing
Embellishments: Adhesive pearls and button twine.

So, I inked up my vases in Canyon Clay and did my flowers in Orange Zest.  I put clear embossing on the canyon clay cut out and wrapped twine around it with a button.  I added my pearls to the corner edges of the focal point and layered it all with the spring moss, canyon clay and orange zest card stock.

Now that I see the pictures I may take the little flower 'for you' off.  I think it makes it a tad bit busy, but who knows.  Maybe I'll leave it as is.

Below is the view out my front window. Snow.  Gray.  Blah.  And it's going to turn to ice and snow in a bit.  Lovely.  Well, I won't complain.  Have the U.S. is getting snow today, I'll just make myself some lunch and get back to work.  Enjoy your day.  Stop by again soon.


1 comment:

Karen said...

I like the little flower on the side; I think it echoes the flowers in the vase and provides a bit of contrast to the contemporary design. Love the banner, too.

The view outside your window surprised me for a moment: I was still imagining your old home! And yeah, we've all grown weary of the cold and snow, although today I'm counting my blessings: my children went outside to clear the snow without me bugging them!