Friday, February 7, 2014

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge 7/17 minute dash!

Hi friends

Today's post is for PTI challenge for their 7 year anniversary.  Below are the 'rules' for the challenge.
Welcome too our first ever Timer Challenge, in honor of the *time travel* theme for Stamp-a-faire this year. You are encouraged to grab a timer and get creative!

  • You have 7 minutes to grab 7 supplies to use on your card.  This needs to include your ink, paper and stamps too, so maybe you should be sure to grab the basics first and go from there!  (You do not need to count adhesive as one of your limited supplies.)
  • Then create a quick card in 17 minutes or less using the supplies you selected!

Okay the 17 minutes to make the card wasn't an issue.  Using only 7 supplies (counting ink, paper and stamps) was very difficult, but I did it.

First, the supplies.  I knew right away I wanted to use Botanical Silhouettes.  This is my favorite fast and beautiful set of all.  I use it all the time when I want a pretty floral card that comes together in a jiffy.

Next, colors.  I splurged and used three of my limited supplies for paper - white, grey and poppy (patterned.)  Next, two ink colors - poppy and chartreuse and lastly, bakers twine in black.

Since they said that adhesive did not count, I assumed that I could also use my clear stamp block, fiskars paper cutter and Tim Holtz scissors (and not count them.)  If I needed to count these supplies also, well I failed!

So first, the finished product.

And then here are the 7 supplies:


I really am not happy that I cannot 'finish' off the poppies with brown or black insides.  I'm also really not happy that I can't add a button over the twine, but besides that, I'm pretty happy with the card in general.  The patterned paper and the lining of the grey on the white give it an elegance that makes is really worthwhile - don't you think?





Maybe now that I've submitted it on the challenge I'll go back later and modify it to add my details.  Do you think that's okay or would that be cheating?  I'll wait and decide what to do later!

Have a great day.  Thanks for visiting my blog.  Oh and wish me luck in the drawing.  7 lucky winners will be selected who played along in the challenge.  I'm hoping one of these entries will get me a free stamp or gift certificate!  If not, I'll at least have a pile of stock cards for when I need one!  Win-Win no matter how you look at it.

Want to play along too?  Below is the link to PTI's page with all the details and how to link your card up too.


1 comment:

craftmates said...

What a pretty card. The patterned paper and gray border indeed gave it an elegant look. Love it! - Irma