Saturday, February 8, 2014

Papertrey Ink Challenge - 4X6 Monthly Moments Trading Card

Hi friends,

I hope I'm not annoying my regular blog followers with an excessive amount of blogging!  It's PTI's 7 year anniversary and they are posting daily challenges with great prizes - soooo, I'm playing along. Plus I had started my peace corps mom's memoirs posts AND I am playing along with other regular blog hops and challenges so this week, you may have noticed two blog posts in one day sometimes.  Don't worry, things will get back to normal (3-4 blog posts a week) when the anniversary contests end next Saturday and maybe I'll have a new stamp set or supply to show you from my efforts this week.

So, today's PTI challenge is not a card!  It's a smaller footprint crafting image - 3X4 to be exact. Normal cards at 4X6 so it's not a huge deviation but the smaller footprint does bring some new creative options.  It also is FLAT, think postcard.  I used to make this size craft for ATC (artist trading cards) but didn't really grab onto that trend when it was around.  I actually think ATC's were smaller 2X3 and that was a fun size, but I didn't have much use for them and didn't have too many places to trade.

So, enough jibber-jabber... here is the card creation.




As part of the anniversary fun, PTI asked us to share some cards made with some older sets.  I had looked around on my old blog posts and found several creations using Bitty Bird.  I love this set and had forgotten how much fun it is to use.  So when today's challenge came up, I knew right away I wanted to use this bird image.  I found my argyle set and decided a preppy melon sorbet/lime ice color combination was in order to get me thinking of spring.

So, my dear husband and I are off to the gym this morning.  This afternoon I'm dragging everyone (my daughter Sarah, my son-in-law Ivan and my husband Bob) off to 3 dress shops to help me finally select the dress I'll wear to my daughter's wedding.  Yes, I know I said my son-in-law and not future son-in-law, and yes it's complicated.  Let's just say I need a dress for a wedding that is really a renewal of vows ceremony.   I hope we find one that isn't ridiculously expensive!

Leave me some love in the form of comments.  Have a great day!


2 comments:

Chris K said...

Great card - love the colors and the design

Karen said...

This is an adorable card - love the colors and how the points of the banner fit into the diamonds.

Hope you find a fabulous dress!