Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Trendy Tree tops - Stripe challenge

Hi friends,

Yup, me again with another Papertrey Ink contest entry.  The anniversary celebrations end on Saturday Feb 15th so only a few more days with daily (or more) posts.

So, today's challenge was to use stripes in our card.  Staying with the fast and easy method for work day creations I grabbed Trendy Tree Tops for this card.




Wish me luck in the drawing.  Oh and in case you were wondering, yes I did buy the blue dress I showed in an older blog post.  Ivan drove Sarah, Bob and I all over creation Saturday to 3 different dress shops, only to have me buy the first dress I saw back in early January.  That reminds me of a story of when I was a kid and I made my parents take me to Baskin Robbins for Ice Cream instead of the little ice cream stand near our house.  After looking at all the flavors (for a lonngggg time) guess what flavor ice cream cone I got?  Yup - vanilla.

Here is a picture of the model wearing my dress.  Yup, once I have it altered, it will look just like this on me!  Ha, and how old was this mother when she had her daughter who is getting married (12?)  I think mother of the bride models should be at LEAST 45 years old.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Stop by tomorrow for blog post 3 about being a Peace Corps mom!  (the story continues.)

3 comments:

wrapknot said...

love the dress.... is it the same one you had pictures of at family christmas? two of us have our attire for the event, and i may be stitching the third outfit. i've just got the sewing machine back from a tune-up, so i'll be making a 'test dress'. keep your fingers crossed i get it right!

Aaron clay said...

she is looking fabulous in blue dress.

Karen said...

Those embossed stripes really add a huge amount of interest to the card. Never considered using this type of element before; very nice!

And I know you'll be even more beautiful than that model in your new dress - don't forget the impact of inner beauty!!