Sunday, April 13, 2014

DeNami Blog Hop

Holy Cow, I can't believe that a month has gone by since the last DeNami Blog Hop.  Planning my daughter's wedding is absorbing so much of my time and attention.

To give you an idea of how busy my mind is these days, I won as one of the blog participants last month and haven't even had time to go to the DeNami website and pick out my prize!  

But I did make time to participate in this month's blog hop - Buttons and Bows.  I'm doing double duty these days so even though the theme was buttons and bows (a traditionally feminine theme) I made an effort to make my card masculine.  Why?  Well a friend of my husband has been very ill and my DH asked me to make him a card to send to the hospital.  Of course I said yes.  Making cards for people we care about is a high priority.  I mean what's the good of having all these supplies and all these skills and not send a card!

So, onto the creation.  I used a navy blue as a mono-chromatic theme for the flower bouquet image.  I put my bow over the bouquet ribbon from the image.  I added my buttons (trimmed with navy blue/white bakers twine) in the 4 corners and added a layer of vellum to soften the effect.





I'ts not really masculine, but it will do.  DeNami has a really nice selection of sentiments.  My last order included this essential one that was perfect for today's card.

So your next stop on the blog hop is the fun and talented Emily Keaton.  Check her blog 'My little slice of bliss' from the link below to continue along the blog hop.

Be sure to leave a comment here before you go to be eligible for a gift certificate at DeNami.  Thanks for visiting and have a great day.

http://mylittlesliceofbliss.blogspot.com/



28 comments:

Deb said...

Linda, your choice of blue was perfect for this card. I think it is still very masculine. Hugs to you with all that you have going on. So glad you were able to find some time to participate in the hop this month.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty!!

Scrappy Happy said...

That was a challenging to make a masculine card with bows and buttons, but I think it came out great! I would have failed at the challenge! Haha

Wendy said...

Great card for a get well wish. I love your cute family/dog pics. My parents have a "naughty" dog too! They say life would be boring without her.

Camille Short said...

Cute....thanks for sharing!

Auror Willow said...

I love how you used vellum to soften it up a bit! Looks great!

Stacey Schafer said...

how pretty!

Rachel said...

love how you included the bow wrapped around your bouquet. lovely card!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

~Tammy~ said...

A beautiful get well card! I love that stamp!!! It has seen a lot of ink from me!

Iris said...

Very pretty card - I love the polka dot paper,
isoscia at aol dot com

Deborah said...

What a lovely card the flowers are very nice I'm sure this card will help lift his spirits and I agree with you about why we make our cards have a great day!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love the buttons in the corners. Great card. TFS

Linda said...

Very nice card for a guy! The blue is pretty and I really like the soft affect of the velum! Great idea!

gwhee60277 said...

Such a sweet card, love the blue flowers!

Tina M said...

I just love this! Toning down the bouquet was perfect and lends itself to be more masculine like you were going for.

Roey said...

cute, cute, cute, card, could be used for so many different occasions!

Roey said...

cute, cute, cute, card, could be used for so many different occasions!

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby's friend. But your wonderful card is sure to lift his spirits!

Ann Kulseth said...

Pretty card. thanks for sharing.

Larissa Heskett said...

Simply Beautiful!! I LOVE the Fun Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Sue D said...

Very pretty in blue--I like the twine with the buttons.

Kimberly said...

Super cute! Love how you used the buttons!

Ruza Rebel said...

Lovely card! Great use of the image, adding the bow and buttons!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wonderful card!

Lisa Petrella said...

So sweet of you to make a get well card for your husband's friend. This is absolutely beautiful!!! Good luck with the final stretch of wedding plans!!!

Dana said...

OH Linda this is lovely and still masculine for sure. I love the softening of the image with vellum...great choice. Good luck with all the wedding prep!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is so beautiful, Linda! I love the blue/white color scheme, and the vellum overlay makes this so gorgeous. A lovely creation!

Karen said...

What a pretty card. I love the vellum to soften the bright bouquet. Did you stamp or color the flowers?