Thursday, June 26, 2014

A DeNami Thank You card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Hi friends,
Today's card is a colorful Thank you card using Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch.


I had a few critter images out on the table and my original thought was that one of the critters would share the focal point with the sentiment but the more I played with the papers and images the more I liked keeping it cleaner and less busy.

You may be wondering why so many of my recent posts include DeNami stamps?  Well, first I love the images; second with my craft room dismantled the DeNami materials are so easy to work with, especially if you have to break down your set up after each session.  But the main reason I'm playing with DeNami stamps recently is because they just announced a call for their design team. 

I've never applied for a design team, but am feeling eager to try it, so I'm expanding my card wardrobe to include more different styles of cards to submit.  I am going to send in my card making resume and 5 cards sometime before July 10th.  I had way more than 5 cards already made using DeNami, but I wanted to create some new ones to showcase a few of my favorite techniques to give a better image to the judges of my ability and style.

Let's see where it goes.

Oh and I can't forget Karen's great sketch.  Above is her wonderful sketch.  and of course at the top is my interpretation of the challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.


No comments: