Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Make gnome mistake...

Hi friends,

Happy Wednesday.  I'm savoring a few more days at home before I go on my 3 week business trip.  Sigh.  I travel for work, but usually I only do one two week (around the world) trip every year.  This year we have a HUGE project and I've got a 3 week trip to Asia starting Monday and then another 1 week trip to Europe.  Most likely there will be another trip in the fall.  I go to our regional offices (Japan, China, Taiwan, Germany) and train the sales team on pricing processes.  This trip will be tiring, but, as always, I try to find ways to enjoy the local culture and thankfully my family is grown so hopefully the household will survive without me.

But I have a card to share with you.  Want to see?  It's a gnome card!

Ok, I know I'm a little weird, but I really love gnomes.  I even watched that terrible movie 'Gnomio and Juliet' several years ago.  when the gnome fad fades (if it every was a fad and if it isn't already faded) I'll still be making funny gnome cards.

Isn't this little guy a darling?  I added lots of texture and extras.  Can you see his fluffy beard?  Can you see that his boots and belt are shiny?  If you were holding the card in your hot little hands, all these would be obvious, but since you are looking at my photo, I'll call attention to these details and maybe (just maybe) you'll zoom in to notice.

Well, hope you have a great day.  I'll be blogging all during my trip, so stop back by the blog for some fun.  I'm travelling with one of our consultants (who is from Malaysia, young and adventurous) so I'm sure I'll have some new and different experiences.  She has already peppered me with ideas for our weekends and evenings.  I hope I have some energy to keep up with her!

No comments: