Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summertime

Hi friends,

It's July and summer is in full swing.  Do you love summer?  What's your favorite part of summer?  I have a love/hate relationship with summer.  I love everything about summer except the heat!  Sigh. Now that I'm older I find I have a three degree tolerance in temperature.  I am {comfortable} when it's between 68-71 degrees.  Yesterday it was 91.  Thankfully we have central air-conditioning and while I don't set the thermostat to 71, I do set it below 80 so I can sleep at night.

Even though I don't like the heat, I love the longer days, the summer festivals, being outside, all the flowers and of course, all the fresh fruits and vegetables that come with summer.  Local strawberries just became readily available and we've been really enjoying them - often just out of the strawberry basket with no extra's needed.

Today's card is a real summer beauty.  My local card making store shut down last spring )-:, but they implemented a 'store to go' model and I went to their event Sunday.  They had set the store up for a day and allowed people to buy table/craft space.  I decided that would be a great way to build my card inventory for the summer, while my craft room is in storage.  My daughter and son-in-law are living with us till they can get their own place, so crafting has taken a back seat since December.

I was at the place for half a day and was pleased to finish 9 cards.  I met some fun people and it was a good day.  Stop by this blog over the next few weeks, I'll post my creations.

Want to see the summer card?  Of course you do.


My flag waving chickie is all ready for a picnic and fireworks for the 4th of July.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make it a great day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very cute and patriotic chick!

I'm with you about the love/hate relationship with summer, although after last winter, I'm glad to put up with the heat and humidity...