Monday, October 6, 2014

I love fall

Hi all,

I know you know that I love fall.  I say it all the time.  But the reason my blog post title is 'I love fall' today is because I used the stamp set 'I love fall' from lawn fawn to make this darling little clean and simple fall card.


I followed Karen Giron's 'sweet sunday sketch challenge' for this one.  I turned her sketch upside down and colored up this adorable fox and placed him in a pile of leaves.  Isn't he sweet?


Above is the sketch and below is the link to Karen's website.


So fall is in full swing here in New England.  The days are shorter, the mornings and nights are colder and the leaves are all beautiful as they change color.  I took the dogs to the nearby park and with the late afternoon sun, some of the trees were just stunning.




It's not peak yet, but as you can see from the above photo's it's getting there.  About one more week and even those green leaves on these trees will change.  I feel so blessed to have such beautiful green spaces all around me.  Even though we live in the city, Boston is a VERY green city and there are beautiful parks like this all around us.  The park was full of families, couples, singles and dogs!

One of the things we love to do in the fall is go apple picking.  My dear husband has very fond memories of going apple picking with his family in upstate NY.  He loves apple cider donuts and coming home with a 1/2 bushel of crisp apples.  He knows that with all those apples in the house, something yummy will soon come!

The macintosh and cortland varieties (that are my favorite) and ready to pick in September.  Below are pictures of a trip to 'Breezeland Orchards' from a few weeks ago.




We got to the farm around 11:00am and they had just opened up a new section for the 'u pick' so we had no trouble filling our bag with beautiful apples.  The only unfortunate thing about the day was that we had planned to go apple picking first and then go to the Big E fair.  By the time we got to Springfield, the traffic was horrific.  We drove around in the traffic for 45 minutes before we gave up and said 'it's not worth it.'  We had a nice lunch and headed home thankful we have a bushel of apples to show for our efforts.  Next year, if we plan to go to the fair, we will go to the fair first, then apple picking!  I guess everyone goes to the fair at 1:30!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very cute card, and even cuter couple!