Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - SNOW!

Hi friends,

Today is Papertrey Ink's blog hop.  this is a fun opportunity to ink up some of my many Papertrey Ink stamps and get creative with their theme.  For some reason I was really stumped by this theme. SNOW.  I have lots of stamps with snow elements, but very few actual snow images.

So I did the best I could.

Below are two creations I made for the hop.

The first is a berry and greenery image with snow lacing the edges.  I love the clean and simple nature of this but when I finished I didn't feel this was very snowy so I decided to make another.

 My second creation is using the ice skate image with snowflake patterned paper.  This has a home style feel with the red and green. Again, not too snowy, but fun non the same.
I'm so excited about having a few days off for the American Thanksgiving Holiday.  I'm off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and besides cooking and getting started on my Christmas cards, I have very few plans.  Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

13 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Gorgeous card I love the papers you chose.
Thank you for the inspiration Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

artful-notions said...

Sweet skate, Linda! Fun papers too! Enjoy your long weekend!

the primitive country bug said...

Both your projects are as sweet as can be! I love the simplicity of the first card and your ice skate card is adorable! Have fun hopping! ~ Birgit

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty cards!

Mary said...

I really love the skate card although both are very pretty.

Darnell J Knauss said...

I think you did an outstanding job with these, Linda!! It's a pleasure to meet you and become your newest follower! I'd love to have you pop by and join me, too, if you like! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

Diana K said...

Very cute cards and great choices of patterned papers.

Jacquie Southas said...

Great cards - love the CAS design on the first one!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty!

Karen C. said...

Great choices for wintery themed cards.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Linda! Awesome cards for today! That ice skate stamp set is one of my favs of all time. Your cards are happy and perfect! XOXO

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous cards Linda! TFS!

~amy~ said...

both of your cards are so pretty!