Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Back to the routine and a masculine birthday card

Hello,

Are you back into your normal, non-holiday, routine?  My company shuts down over the holidays and we enjoyed a nice break from the everyday from December 23rd-January 4th.  So January 5th was a harsh welcome back to reality.  Can I say that it really stinks to wake up to an alarm clock?  On a cold winter day?  The good news is there is lots to look forward to in 2015, so although it hasn't been fun to wake up early and head to work, I do love my job and I love the people I work with so it's not terrible.

And soon, I'll be challenged with a new opportunity at work.  Just prior to the break I got the confirmation that the details had been worked out and starting Feb 1st I'll have a new job (with a promotion and new title!)  I'm excited about the new opportunity (I'll have 4 people working for me) and I'll be doing some new things related to pricing.   I'll still work for the same boss and I'll still be in the same dept, but my role in the group will be very different and many of the responsibilities I have now will need to get transitioned to others in my dept. The hard part is there is so much that is still going in my old job.  I'll be challenged to finish up strong in my old role and then jump into the new one in a few weeks.  

You might be wondering - will I still do my international travelling in my new role?  The answer is - I have no idea.  My new roles is still worldwide, but in the old role I was responsible for training and that won't be my focus in my new role, so my gut says probably not so much international travel in the new job.  And that's actually a good thing.  Last year I made so many trips and missed so much of the summer so I'm kind of glad that it may be minimized in the future.

So, I do have a card to share.  The photo is terrible.  The lighting is terrible, but the card has already been sent to it's recipient (my father in law) so I don't have a chance to re-take the photo.  Happy Birthday Dad.  Hope you have a great day!


This was a birthday card with a snow scene.  It's a fun shaker card with 'snow' inside the box.  I added quite a bit of texture to this masculine card.  It isn't my favorite, but it does convey they message 'happy birthday.'

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The card looks lovely; the background really goes perfectly with the scene.

Congratulations on your promotion and your new position. I hope it is a great change for you.