Monday, January 12, 2015

Floral Birthday Card

Hi friends,

I had a birthday card to make this weekend.  I decided to go with a floral theme.  Floral cards are so fun, you just can't go wrong with them.  It's not that clear in the picture (cloudy day today in New England) but I heat embossed the 2 step stamping step.  I used paper-trey ink's stamp set 'garden grace' and red and pink with light green ink color.


If you see the card in person you would notice a nice shiny tone to the flower petals and leaves.  It was so fun and easy.  Making cards like this brings back the fun of stamping.  I found Christmas overwhelming and am just now starting to get back in the groove of the fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a pretty card, simple but lovely.

My workroom is still in post-Christmas disarray but I was thinking of doing a little cardmaking today... if only I can make a clean spot to stamp in. Hope you continue to find pleasure in your creativity.

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous! Love the two-step stamping and your beautiful color combo!