Monday, February 9, 2015

Papertrey Ink Anniversary and a ton of snow (again) {sigh}

Hi friends,

Well, it's Monday so that means MORE SNOW!  Every Monday lately it seems we get 12-24 inches of snow.  For the past three weeks, work, school, activities have all been cancelled and my dear husband has been snow blowing, shoveling and otherwise struggling with the snow to keep our family going.

But, I'm not going to complain.  Instead I will show you some fun, bright and cheerful cards I've been making.  I'm warning you.  There will be several posts on my blog today.  Each card I made (that matched the challenge assignment) needs its own blog entry to be entered in the contest.  Last year I won $100.00 gift certificate so I'm trying again this year and hoping I'm lucky again.

So, here is the first one.  The first challenge was to use both a sketch and a color recipe to 'make' your card creation.  Here is what I came up with:
And here is the color and sketch recipe I worked with.


I can never have enough thank you cards.  Want to see snow?  A lot of snow?  Well, even if you don't I'm going to share.  As I've said, we have sooo much snow.  First a look out the back door.  Bob went out with the snowblower this morning and cleared the driveway of 5 inches or so.  He'll have to do it again tonight to clear.  He is really running out of places to put it.
 This is the view out the front door.  Can you see how high the snow is piled next to the road.  It's very dangerous.  There is no visibility when you pull out from a street at an intersection.
 Yes, it sure is pretty, but oh my word, there is so much of it!  Will spring every arrive?  I hope so.
Well, thanks for visiting my blog today.  I'll have a few more posts all in a row, but will be back to normal blogging by the end of the week.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So fun to hear that you're enjoying the PTI anniversary challenges...

LOVE this card!