Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink Spring Blog Hop (and throw back Thursday on a Wednesday)

Hi all,

Today I have a card to share with you for the PTI blog hop that uses the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for the layout.  Below is my card, the inspiration photo and the sketch.






My card is going to a girl I work with who had surgery a few weeks ago.  Shame on me, I didn't send anything at the time, but haven't forgotten her and decided to use this card making opportunity as a chance to redeem myself.  Who knows, maybe she'll appreciate the card 2 weeks after surgery more than the day of.  She'll be out of work for at least 4 more weeks so she'll probably enjoy hearing from a work friend with kinds thoughts.  I used the papertrey ink tea set and some Ranger Watercolor paper. I inked up various sentiments from the tea set and stamped them while the paper was mostly dry, but still a little damp.  It gives the sentiments a little watercolor effect as well.

For those who follow my blog, I got some great responses from my throw back Thursday (on a Wednesday) post last week so decided to continue the trend.  For this weeks theme, I thought I'd share pictures from 26 years ago, when Bob and I lived in Florida and we were expecting our first baby.  Sarah arrived in early April, so below are a few shots we took of our little house, her nursery and me getting bigger by the minute!




Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

13 comments:

Charlene said...

Beautiful card Linda!

Marcia HIll said...

Beautiful card Linda...love how CAS and just perfect it is. I'm sure your co-worker is going to love receiving it and knowing you're thinking of her! :0)

Linda said...

I'm sure your co-worker will love getting such a pretty card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely card and I have no doubt your coworker will be happy to receive it!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Linda!! OMG - gorgeous card! I love the teapot - it's perfect! Anyone would be so happy to receive this beauty. Hope Spring has finally arrived there. Sending a smile! XOXO

Jenelle Triggs said...

Pretty card! I love the background and the teapot!

victoria h said...

Fab card- love your background.

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love your card, so subtle and pretty. Thanks for sharing your throwback picture! Brings me fond memories too!

Luanne said...

That Teapot caught my eye! Love this set, and your card is adorable!

Mimi H. said...

Such a pretty card! Love how you stamped the background!

Cindy said...

I love that you brought out the tea set for this one. Beautiful.

Karen C. said...

Love the sentiment filled background. Must try that idea.
The teapot is a great choice for this card too

Karen said...

Absolutely love the background of your sweet card - what a great idea.

And you look totally adorable as an expectant mother!