Sunday, October 25, 2015

PTI Blogger Challenge and Felicity

Hello friends,

Today's post includes my first Christmas card of the 2015 holiday season.  Papertrey ink has a monthly challenge.  The inspiration photo was beautiful green and red holiday colors and I had just received my PTI order on Wednesday so I decided to join in.

In addition, I thought I'd share a few thoughts about a TV series that I've been watching.  The show is called Felicity.  It originally aired from 1998-2002 and I watched it when it was first out and decided to re-watch it 10+ years later.

But first - my card.

This card uses PTI's new stamps and dies in the set called 'Spruce and Sprigs.'  I got both the stamps and the dies and thought this set would like nice using the PTI holiday paper I had on hand.  Below is the inspiration photo.

This year I'm hoping to start my Christmas cards now so I have them all done by early December.  The last few years I've been scrambling in December to get them all done and somehow it's not quite as much fun to make cards when you have a deadline.

So when I'm not making cards, I've been catching up on an old TV show I used to enjoy.  Currently I'm watching Felicity.  



I don't watch live TV but have a few shows I record on my DVR but I also love to watch old shows. Normally I get them from the library, but for the Felicity series I found these at my local SAVERS and bought them when I had a 30% coupon.  I like watching from a DVD set for several reasons. 

1 - No commercials to fast forward through.  
2 - I can watch multiple episodes in one week.  For shows that leave you hanging at the end of one episode I can watch the next episode immediately.

So, I'm really enjoying watching Felicity again.  It's so funny to see how much life has changed in 10 years.  Watching the characters call each other using 'land lines' is hysterical.  No texts, no facebook, no instagram, just conversations face to face and on the phone.  I also find it funny how difficult life was.  In one scene Felicity needs a book for a class.  She calls around to various stores and takes the subway to visit several bookstores all in vain - no book.  Now, it's just a quick search on Amazon, overnight shipping and BAM, no issue getting a book.  I also find it interesting how innocent everything is.  The college students in the show are not all sleeping with each other all over the place. I also love the plot lines from the show.  They tackle difficult situations like family abuse, date rape, gambling and basic relationship dramas.  I highly recommend you check it out.  I'm almost done with season 1 and will be on the look out for season 2 to stay connected.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day!

13 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty card, love the tag element! I always have Netflix on when crafting, some dvd's some streaming. Murder She Wrote has to be one of my favorites lol

victoria h said...

Fab Christmas card- it's downtown abbey and strictly come dancing for me tonight!

Bonnie Turpin said...

Pretty card with its festive greenery and tag. Like the details you added - the button and string.

Bonnie Turpin said...

Pretty card with its festive greenery and tag. Like the details you added - the button and string.

Melissa L. said...

Pretty card! I really like the tag, topped with the button. :)

~amy~ said...

Love all the layers on your tag!

Marybeth said...

Glad your enjoying your show, I don’t think I have ever watched it! Your card is beautiful with your sprig cluster ! Gorgeous Linda!

Jenelle said...

Very pretty! Love your tag of sprigs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful! Love all the layers! Happy hopping!

Kim Collins said...

Beautiful card, I liked that show back in the day. I remember when the show lost its audience because she cut her hair.

Gina said...

The cluster of Spruce & Sprigs on the tag is lovely. Great background paper, too! Wonderful card. I wasn't a regular Felicity watcher when it was on originally. I did see a few episodes and remember thinking how pretty Keri Russell was...and how great her curly hair was, too.

Joyously Noelle said...

What a lovely card! I enjoy all the patterns.

Jacquie Southas said...

Your card is gorgeous - love the tag centerpiece! I don't watch Felicity, but I am completely with you and rarely watching live TV any more - love my DVR.