Monday, October 19, 2015

The Proposal

Hi friends,

I'm so excited to share with you all that my son Eric proposed to his long time girlfriend Jessa this past weekend.


I had hoped that he would propose this month so I made this congratulations card last Sunday in anticipation.

For those who know me well, you know I'm terrible at minding my own business and waiting patiently.  I knew Eric planned to propose this fall and it took all my self control to stay out of the whole thing.  I'm not sure I stayed out of it enough, but I was trying.

Eric had talked to Jessa's dad in August and ordered the ring in September.  Jessa's parents, my father, Marylu and Bob and I were all coming to visit him on Oct 16 & 17, so I was expecting news of this engagement last week.  I thought for sure he would propose earlier this month, but he waited till Friday, just before all the parental units arrived for the big moment.  It was very special and a surprise for all.  I'm so glad that my dad was able to share in the moment.  He thought he was just coming to Clemson to see his grandson and watch a football game.  He got that and more!

We had dinner reservations at 6:30 Friday night and the whole gang met near the restaurant.  They shared the news with all of us together and it was a fun surprise.   I'm so glad that my dad was able to share in the moment.  He thought he was just coming to Clemson to see his grandson and watch a football game.  He got that and more!   The proposal happened in the afternoon and the 'reveal' happened in the evening.  News spreads fast via social media so when we are at a coffee/ice cream shop after dinner, several screaming girls stormed our table with squeals of delight at Jessa's big news.

The proposal moment!

Eric and Jessa (soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Monroe) right after they shared the news with us!
Eric and her dad.... tears... of..... joy....
Eric looking quite proud of himself
Their friends hosted a party later Friday night at Eric's apartment
We had a really fun weekend at their campus.  Friday was our special surprise celebration, then Saturday was lunch at the Smokin Pig, then tailgating and the Clemson/BC game.  

Eric and I in front of 'the pig.'

We taught my dad how to play corn hole.
family selfie in front of the pig
The whole gang at the game.  Go Tigers.
At the tailgate
Marylu and my dad bundled up.  They aren't used to the cold!
Then on Sunday we went to NorthPoint Ministries in Atlanta.  I listen to Andy Stanley's podcast whenever I can and didn't want to miss the opportunity to attend his church.  Eric took us there (and then a quick meal) before we caught our flight home.
I embarrassed everyone asking for a picture at the church!
It was a really nice weekend, but I'm exhausted.  Have you ever needed a weekend to recover from your weekend?

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

No comments: