Monday, October 12, 2015

Wedding Card and Oktoberfest Party

Hi friends,

Did you have a great weekend?  We had a great time celebrating Oktoberfest with family and friends. The weather was cool and dry and we enjoyed german food and beer and good company.  Thanks to all who joined us.  If you couldn't make it this year, we hope to see you in the future.  We plan to make this an annual tradition, HOWEVER, next year the party will be in September.  What you say?  Oktoberfest in September - that's not right.  Well, actually in Germany Oktoberfest is always celebrated in September.  It's a 3 week festival and the last day of the festival is October.  Like us, they prefer to have it in September because it's warmer and the days are longer.

So, mark your calendars.  We plan to host the Oktoberfest on the same day as opening day in Germany from now on.  We were all freezing and had to move inside.  Next year, we shall hope for a sunny day so we can stay outside under the beer tent till the sun goes down.

Before I share pictures of the party, let me share a pretty little wedding card I made.  The bride and groom were married today  (Columbus Day.)  Sadly, I had to work and miss the event, but I sent along this darling card and a check.


It's a little unconventional for a wedding card, but the bride is kind of artsy and I thought she'd enjoy the fun texture of the gathered ribbon, the doily, twine and button with the bright (non-wedding) colors.

So on to photo's of the party.

My phone was busy playing the Oktoberfest play list so I hardly got any pictures.  I was relying on the other guests to send me their photo's but so far haven't received any.  I'll update the blog with more photo's when (and if) I get some.

For now, here is just a small sample:


Moi - as hostess.  I made my dirndl myself!

Bob - looking quite authentic in his mock lederhosen.

The Beer Garden (everyone abandoned the tent to sit by the fire!)


The fire pit was the popular place to hang out.



By the time sundown came, most had switched to coffee to stay warm.

Sarah had a darling outfit on and her friends were taking lots of photos.  Stop back again later this week and hopefully I'll have more photo's for you to enjoy.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

No comments: